So what do you say we celebrate with this fun twist on old fashion potato salad! That’s right; we are excited to share this Twice Baked Potato Salad recipe with plenty of cheese, crisp green onions, and yummy black olives. Oh, don’t forget about the sour cream.
I’m not sure where this recipe came from. It’s been around as long as I can remember! I’m pretty sure it was my grannie who introduced this recipe to the family because it’s AMAZING but I am not 100% on that. I’m just assuming because it tastes so amazing that it had to be my grannie, lol. The twice baked potato salad went great with green onions and black olives on top and paired with a small side salad. Oh, yummy it’s one of my favorite dishes! Okay, I’m getting hungry, let’s get to the recipe.
To make the twice baked potato salad you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 -2 green onion
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- Sour cream
To make the twice baked potato salad simply follow the below directions:
- Preheat oven to 400.
First, you’ll want to rinse the potatoes under cold water.
- Rub potato with butter
- Wrap in foil. Using a fork or a knife poke several holes in all over the potatoes after you wrap them and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. They may take longer due to the size just be sure and cook them until they are or longer soft all the way through.
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow to cool until you can handle them without being burned.
- Cut potatoes up into squares and mash them or save a little time and use your electric mixer. You can remove the skin on the potatoes or leave it.
- Chop fresh parsley leaves and mixes them into the potatoes.
- Combine sour cream 1 cup cheddar cheese and potatoes until creamy and smooth.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish.
- Chop cooked bacon and place on top of potatoes, top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced olives and chopped green onion and enjoy!
You’re done and ready to serve your fabulous baked potato salad! After you have your baked potato salad in your place don’t forget to add a little sour cream, it’s the finishing touches that it needs to put it over the top.
The Twice Baked Potatoe Salad goes great with so many different dishes! I love to bring it to potlucks, and when I make it at home I always pair it with a salad! I love a good salad, especially now that I have FreshWorks by Rubbermaid and my produce stays fresher longer.
If you decided to make this Twice Baked Potato Salad recipe be sure and swing by and let us know what you think and if you did anything different to change the flavor a bit. Enjoy!