With the holidays right around the corner, I’m thinking about everything I’m going to make for our family gathering. I love hosting the holidays, cooking, and spending time with my loved ones during the holidays. There are several things we always make for the holidays, others we change up and try new stuff until we find another dish we just can’t live without like this Zesty Cowboy Caviar recipe. It’s amazing, soft of like a dip/salad, but omg so good!
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can customize it and add your favorite beans, take out a veggie or two, add something. So have fun with it and make it the way you and your family likes it!
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of Kidney beans
- 1 can of Pinto beans
- 1 cup cilantro
- Red onion
- 2 Avocado
- 2-3 Toma tomatoes (diced)
- ½ to 1 jalapeno (diced)
- ½ Lemon (squeezed)
- ¼ – ½ Litehouse Zesty Italian Dressing
- Litehouse Blue Cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to make Zesty Cowboy Caviar:
- Drain beans and corn. Pour them in a large mixing bowl, dice veggies, and place veggies into the bowl. Make sure to remove the jalapeno seeds and squeeze a little lemon juice over the avocados before placing them int the bowl. This helps keep your dip from being too hot and the avocados from browning. Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice on the top of the Cowboy Caviar.
- Add Litehouse Zesty Italian Dressing. You may want to add a little more than I did just depends on your taste buds.
- Mix everything together. Place in the refrigerator until you’re ready for it or it’s chilled.
- Garnish with crumbled Litehouse Blue Cheese and extra Litehouse Zesty Italian Dressing, if desired.
- Enjoy with chips!
I personally like a little extra Italian Dressing, but I want to make sure everyone can enjoy it so I tone it down. I keep a bottle of Italian Dressing out so people like myself can add a little extra dressing while they top with Blue Cheese.
[easy-tweet tweet=”Loving this Zesty Cowboy Caviar #Recipe on @sjblahblahblog! Check it out #jbbb” via=”no” usehashtags=”no”]