If you are anything like me then you want to be creative with dinner. Mac and Cheese with Beanie Weenies are great, but not every night, despite what the kids may say. Also, if you are busy like our family is, then you understand that being creative isn’t the only challenge. We have to be time and money savvy on top of creative. Luckily, there is the Phillips Pasta Maker and a great recipe book that comes with it. Plus, I am feeling generous by sharing my new Green Chile Chicken Alfredo & Spinach Fettucine recipe that I made with the Philips Pasta Maker. You can save money on ingredients, cut time preparing, and cooking time is a breeze. So, put your apron on, things are going to get fun!
I received the Philps Pasta Maker and couldn’t wait to give it a try. But, when would I have the time? I just started working full time for a Doctor’s office and still working online for Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog. So, I thought I would have to wait until I had a day off, but I wanted to see what it could do. I watched a video on YouTube of it being used. Nope! No Way! I was not going to wait for a day off because it was so easy to use!
When I made this new recipe with the Philips Pasta Maker, I was able to prepare the meal, some toasted garlic bread and some yummy spinach and butter on the side. It was all finished in time for the kids to grub, get in the bath and play, and head to bed for school the next day. And, I had time to catch up on some writing because I wasn’t stuck doing all sorts of dishes. The Pasta Maker is super easy to clean and only took me about 10 minutes TOTAL to get it clean and dry and put away.
Here’s the recipe I used to make the Green Chile Alfredo over Spinach Fettucine. I decided to mix up the humdrum fettuccine alfredo with some spinach and green chile. Plus, making it all fresh keep sit healthier for my family, which is something I always strive for. Another great thing about the Pasta Maker are all the different kinds of pasta you can make. I made spinach pasta, but you can do carrot, tomato, and even chocolate pasta! Okay, I’m getting off point, here’s the recipe and steps, and we’ll talk about dessert later!
Green Chile Alfredo Sauce
½ cup butter
1 package cream cheese
2 cups milk
1 package (8 ounces) parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic minced
½-1 cup chopped mild green chile (choose your spice and amount for your family’s taste)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter and sauté garlic until aromatic.
- Add green chile, sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in milk slowly, over medium heat
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat back to medium-low
- Add cheese, stirring constantly until melted
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Chicken for Alfredo Sauce
3 boneless chicken breasts
Water to boil
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Boil the chicken breasts until cooked thoroughly. Set aside and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cube chicken into bite size pieces, about 1”
- Heat the olive oil and sear chicken until slightly browned.
- Sprinkle seasonings and continue cooking a couple more minutes.
- Toss in sauce and keep warm.
Spinach juice (I used the juice from the spinach I made for my side)
250 g all-purpose flour
- Add flour and close lid to Pasta Maker
- Turn on the Pasta Maker and press 1 or 2, depending on the amount of pasta you want to make. The recipe book will let you know how much each make
- Break egg into the cup, whisk to break up the yolk, add spinach juice.
- Slowly pour liquid into lid opening
- After about 3 minutes of mixing the pasta beings to make and while it is being pushed out, cut your pasta to the desired length.
- While pasta is making, bring some salted water to a boil
- Once pasta is done making, add to boiling water and cook 4-5 minutes
- Drain and serve with sauce.
Now, that is a dinner that tastes amazing, is inexpensive to make, takes less time than it took me to write this, and is fun for the kids to help too! You know you can make any kind of pasta you want and try all sorts of different sauces too. You can even making dumplings and some fried rice, the Philips Pasta Maker isn’t strictly Italian! Head to the Philips website or Amazon to order your Philips Pasta Maker. The sooner you get it, the sooner you can start creating unforgettable meals for your family!
You don’t have to be from New Mexico to enjoy the flavor of green chile, you can enjoy New Mexico flavor all your own.
Give it a mix, enjoy the variety, and try out all the different uses for fresh made pasta. This fresh pasta with artichoke hearts, grilled chicken and sauce will blow your mind!
You can also use this fabulous pasta maker so your whole recipe is homemade. Take this Spicy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce now I can make it with homemade pasta too!
This post was made possibly by Philips and written by me. 100% of the statements and opinions are my own.