AWWW, Peppermint Bark is one of my favorite holiday treats! Not just to eat, but to make too!
What a great gift idea Peppermint Bark is for the holidays. It’s super yummy and you can save money this holiday season by giving the gift of Peppermint Bark!
Quick & Easy Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli White Chocolate wafers (11 ounces)
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate wafers (11 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 12 Candy Canes
- Break Candy Canes into pieces. Put those candy cane pieces into a zip lock bag then using a meat tenderizer or hammer turn the candy canes into tiny crushed pieces.
- Line your handy dandy cookie sheet with some wax paper.
- Pour the milk chocolate wafers into a double boiler to melt. Stir often but allow the chocolate to melt completely. Mix the melted milk chocolate until smooth.
- Pour milk chocolate onto a pan. Using a Pam treated spatula level out the melted chocolate.
- Place the melted milk chocolate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Clean the top part of the double boiler.
- Pour the white chocolate wafers into a double boiler to melt. Stir often but allow the white chocolate to melt completely. Stir the melted white chocolate until smooth.
- Stir the peppermint extract into white chocolate.
- Pour the cooled melted white chocolate on top of the milk chocolate. Use a treated rubber spatula to spread the white chocolate on top of the milk chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint over white chocolate.
- Chill in a refrigerator for 20 minutes.
What’s not to love about this Peppermint Bark recipe? Well, unless you are not a fan of peppermint and in that case you can head over and check out a few of our other Christmas recipes. We are starting to get a nice little collection of recipes going. We have everything from holiday pie recipes and Christmas cupcake and frosting recipes to recipes that will show you how to make reindeer cupcakes, and you’ll definitely want to learn how to make Reindeer Christmas Cookie Pops! cupcake recipes to cookie recipes and , , I’m sure you will find a few you or someone you know will like. Food does make the perfect gift for family and friends. Not to mention it’s affordable. Anyway, happy holidays and enjoy!