One of my favorite kind of cakes is just your normal white cake. Of course, it needs to be super moist and tasty but it goes perfectly with just about any type of frosting even a red hot cinnamon kiss frosting. Yes, if you like cinnamon be sure to check out this Red Hot Cinnamon Cupcakes recipe for Valentine’s Day.
I’m excited for Valentine’s Day, but I have to buy my husband another gift. Yes, I already got one, but my daughter found it and took it upon herself to give it to him. Oh, and tell him that she and I picked it out for dad. She did it because she wanted some of the candy lol. Darn kids, I’m still not sure how she knew about it. They know more than we give them credit for that is for sure, especially when candy is involved lol.
Do you have any plans for Valentine’s Day yet? I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of something special to do for my husband. Sure I’m going to bake something special for him, but I don’t know what to do. I want to break away from everything traditional and try something new and fun because we both need a little spice in our lives. So I welcome any ideas because sometimes that is all it takes is someone else’s ideas to get your brain thinking in the right direction.
Okay, enough with me and my crazy life let’s talk about this Red Hot Cinnamon Cupcakes Recipe for Valentine’s Day! I’m super excited with how they turned out if you love cinnamon things you’ll love it. Check out the recipe below. I’ve also included a few of our other recipes for Valentine’s Day.
Red Hot Cinnamon Cupcakes Recipe for Valentine’s Day
Here is the super yummy Red Hot Cinnamon Cupcakes Recipe for Valentine’s Day. I hope you like them as much as we think you will.
Looking for a unique recipe for Valentine's Day be sure to check out this recipe for Red Hot Kiss Cupcakes. You'll love the moist white cake combined with the red hot cinnamon frosting.
- 1/2 C butter, room temp
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C Red Hot Candies, coarsely crushed
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon extract
- Red gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer or Kitchenaid on medium to high for 30 seconds.
- Now add sugar, and vanilla to the butter and beat until combined.
- Add egg whites, and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate, the flour mixture, and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed until everything is well mixed
- Add the crushed red hot candies.
- Fill the cupcake pan liners 2/3 with cake batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before frosting.
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream, add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon, it is ready if not then....
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time.... mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract. Mix using your mixer until all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Next add the cinnamon extract, stirring to mix well.
- Divide the frosting into two bowls. The first bowl of frosting stays white while the second bowl.
- Add in the red gel food coloring to this frosting. Again, mix well to blend the red color throughout the bowl of frosting.
- When ready scoop the white frosting into a side of a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Scoop the red frosting into the same pastry bag on another side of the bag.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip to make sure that the colors
- have intertwined.
- Begin frosting the cupcake on the outside edge then work to the center of the cupcake.
I hope you like the Red Hot Cinnamon Cupcakes Recipe for Valentine’s Day. If not it’s okay, here are a few more fun ideas for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Strawberry Banana Valentine’s Day Cupcakes. Recipe
Valentines Day Muddy Buddies Recipe
Traditional Big Red Cake