I love salads, of all kinds, and I’m always looking for a new and tasty salad recipes, like this Shredded Kale Salad with Date Puree & Pine Nuts! Doesn’t it sound amazing? I sure think so, and if you’re on the health wagon like me, I’m sure you will appreciate a new tasty salad recipe for dinner!
I’m always looking for another great recipe to help me stick to my diet. It’s always nice to experience new foods to help stay focused on your journey to weight loss. I’ve always loved salad, but I’ve failed to realize how much fun you can have with something so healthy to eat.
If you’re looking for a healthy recipe, or just something a little different be sure to give this Shredded Kale Salad with Date Puree & Pine Nuts recipe a try! I think you’ll love it as much as we do!
Shredded Kale Salad with Date Puree & Pine Nuts
- 2 cups of Medjool dates (they will need to be pitted)
- 2 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 bunch of kale, remove center ribs, shred leaves
- ¼ cup of pine nuts (toasted of course)
- 1 ½ tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-tablespoon date puree
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of Panko breadcrumbs (toasted of course)
Directions for date puree
- In your food process, combine all ingredients for the date puree, and whiz until it’s a smooth paste like consistency. Taste test the mixture, and adjust seasoning if desired. Once finished place in refrigerator up to two weeks, or place in freezer for up to three months. You can also use in smoothies or yogurts.
- Whisk together the vinegar, date puree, and olive oil until mixed well and season to taste.
- In a large bowl combine the dressing and shredded kale until well coated, taste, season to taste if needed.
- Assemble salad by spreading a thin layer (1 teaspoon) of the date puree in each plate and top of kale salad, sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Add a generous amount of breadcrumbs. Enjoy
For those of you who are interested in printing this yummy salad recipe out, I included it on this recipe card for easy reading, and printing. Enjoy!
Recipe is by Svitlana Flom of Art De Fete, be sure to swing by and check out all the other yummy recipes.