With football season in effect and the hubby inviting over all his buds, it’s time for me to start thinking of some new fun tailgating recipes. I love hosting, almost as much as I love this Strawberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Wontons Recipe. Seriously, they are awesome and were a huge hit this past weekend. I wish I would have thought about it a long time ago.
My daughter, Mattie has already been asking me to make these cream cheese wontons with different flavors of Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads, and she is my picky child. If it can pass a Mattie test, it has to be good lol.
To make this Strawberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Wontons Recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Wonton wrappers
- 2 Tablespoons Smucker’s Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit & Honey Spread
- Cream Cheese
- Coconut oil
The wontons are super easy to make, the hardest part is folding the wontons. Which can be a bit tricky if you haven’t done it in the past, so I have included pictures to help walk you through the way I fold my wontons.
- Mix one package of cream cheese and Smuckers Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit & Honey Spread. Be sure and give it a good taste, you might want to add more Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit & Honey Spread. Totally up to you at this point.
- Grab you a wonton wrapper and lay it on the counter and add 1/2 spoonful of cream cheese mixture. Once you get better at folding the wontons, you’ll be able to add a bit more. Be sure to keep the wontons in the package covered because they tend to try out quickly. I just toss my dish towel on top after I get each wonton wrapper
- Dip your finger in water and wet the edge of the wonton wrapper on all four sides. Now fold your wonton wrapper in half with the cream cheese mixture in the center, so it forms a little triangle. Work out any air bubbles and push ends together.
- Now push the two sides of the wonton together just a little bit so that the center pushes up, as shown in the above image.
- Dip your finger in the water and wet the both corner sides of the triangle. Gently pull them together and press firmly, so they seal together.
- The center of your wonton should stick out a bit and look sort of like a little hat.
- Now all you need to do is fry these super yummy little things. First warm coconut oil in your pan, then place one wonton in for testing. Once you put the wonton in the oil, it should immediately start sizzling and float to the top. Be sure to move them around a bit, so they brown evenly. You can cook more than one at a time; I just like to test the first one to make sure the grease is nice and hot.
- Once you notice they are starting to brown remove them from the oil (typically finished cooking in a minute or less) and set on a plate covered with a paper towel to drain off any grease.
- Pour a little Smucker’s Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit & Honey Spread into a small bowl so you can dip the wontons into the Fruit & Honey Spread. Sure it already has jelly and cream cheese on the inside, but trust me Smucker’s outdid themselves with the Strawberry Jalapeno jelly, and you’ll want to give it a little dip.
- Enjoy these Strawberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Wontons.
Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread is new and the perfect combination of sweetness and heat. The Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread bring the best of both worlds into one delicious spread, or in this case, dip with a little extra zing.
As you may already know Smucker’s has more than just the new Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread that is new, they also have Fruit & Honey Concord Grape Fruit Spread that is new. The NEW Concord Grape is my kids FAVORITE spread ever. My daughter wants me to make the cream cheese wontons but next time does it using Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Concord Grape. Which I have to admit, sounds amazing. I’m planning on making some for this upcoming football game.
I’ve been a fan of Smucker’s Jam for as far back as I can remember. My mom always bought Jif Peanut Butter and Smucker’s Jam. She always liked the apricot and peach preserves, while I was more of a strawberry jam kind of gal.
I still love Smucker’s Jam but my favorite are now:
Smucker’s Orchard’s Finest Preserves comes in all sorts of great flavors like peach apricot, red tart cherries, triple berry, blueberry, and Pacific mountain strawberry.
Smucker’s Simply Fruit which you can get in all sorts of different flavors like apricot, blueberry, concord grape, peach, strawberry, red raspberry and more.
Natural Fruit Spreads which come in yummy flavors like red tart cherry, concord grape, blackberry, orange marmalade fruit spread, and more. They are made with non-GMO ingredients from natural sources real sugar, and no preservatives.
For those of you who have never made Wontons I wanted to try and make things as easy as possible so I included a photo with all the steps below. Hey, I remember the struggles, lol. Folding a nice wonton is no easy task. Let me know how you do and if you have any tips for tricks you think might help someone.
Check out all Smucker’s product by visiting their website at Smuckers.com.
Here are a few other fun recipes we have made using Smucker’s in the past.
Bake Peanut Butter & Jelly Donut Holes
This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Smucker’s. All opinions are my own.