You know I’m all about easy recipes that are not filled with all sorts of junk, which is why I’m loving this fabulous Tuna Salad Lettuce Wrap recipe. It’s perfect for the summer – refreshing, light, and go perfectly with one of my kids favorite snacks – Puff Goldfish®, which are SUPER YUM, as my kids would say, “SUPER YUM!”
Days are getting longer, the smell of Barbecue smoke is filling the air, the laughter of kids is all over the neighborhood, and the weather is warm and sunny. It’s summer finally. Well, officially it is the first day of Summer on June 21st, but we’re close enough. Since summer has started that means a bunch of things. Kid are out of school, they need to find things to do, and we adults have to be creative on what to feed them for snacks.
Here is a great Tuna Salad Lettuce Wrap recipe that is quick, easy, healthy, and requires no oven or stove use. Follow along on these step by step directions and create a fun, healthy, and tasty snack for the little ones that is sure to be new and different from anything else. Let’s get started with the select ingredients that you’ll need. Don’t worry there isn’t a lot.
We hope you enjoy this tuna salad lettuce wrap as much as we do.
- 4 cans tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup mayo (or Salad dressing)
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup white onion finely diced
- 1 dill pickle finely chopped (or ¼ tablespoon relish)
- ½ large tomato diced and sliced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice Oregano, Cumin, Chili Powder, Paprika, and White Sugar
- a dash of each Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5 large leaves of Romaine lettuce
Alright, so we have all our ingredients ready to go, let’s start building your Tuna Salad Lettuce Wrap:
- The best way to start is to mix your tuna, onions, and pickles together. Mix them so everything is well blended.
- Next, in a separate small bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, and spices. Give it a taste test as you go and adjust spices, sugar, salt & pepper to your preference.
- In the large bowl, mix in your sauce with the tuna mixture and stir so all the tuna is well coated. Make sure the sauce is well-dispersed as to not get a bite overloaded with sauce.
- Wash your lettuce leaves and dry on a paper towel. Spread out the lettuce leaves and spoon tuna into the Romaine lettuce leaf. How much you want to put in is completely up to you, just be sure you can roll it closed.
- If you are planning on serving them, poke a toothpick through the middle to hold the lettuce wrap in place.
HINT: Also, if you want to do a lettuce sushi-type roll, just spoon a thin layer all over the lettuce and wrap tightly. Slice into sections and serve as finger food at a BBQ or a play date for your kids. Throw some delicious Pepperidge Farms next to the lettuce wrap, on top or even inside if you’re like my kids, and you are ready to enjoy this awesome, light and fresh meal. (I like to toss my Goldfish onto my wrap to give it a flavorful crunch too.)
So there, you have it! This recipe for Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps recipe is super easy, quick, healthy, and there is no need for the oven or stove tops to be turned on.
If you want something a bit more “gourmet” and something that is dinner table ready, give this Tuna Sushi Rice Roll a try. It’s easy, quick, and incredibly tasty.
The great flavors that Pepperidge Farm Goldfish come in can make the meal different for everyone. And, as I mentioned, tossing those Goldfish onto your wrap gives it a very yummy and unique flavor that only Pepperidge Farm delivers. So get out there and enjoy this wrap, and use that energy to enjoy your warm days with your family.
Do you have any favorite quick and easy summer recipes for the kids?