We have all made Rice Krispy treats. They are awesome. Still at my age, they are one of my favorite snacks. They are easy, cheap and tasty, how can you go wrong? But what about when you add caramel, chocolate and pecans? Well, that brings them to a whole new level of awesome. We will call it: next level awesome!
These are so insanely easy to make, much like the originals. They look pretty dang fancy, and they taste, well they taste like the next level of awesome!
Turtles Rice Krispy Treats
If you love Rice Krispy Treats but want to try something new then you should give this recipe a shot. It’s super yummy and a nice twist on the traditional Rice Krispy Treats we all love.
Turtles Rice Krispy Treats Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 1 Ounce Unsweetened Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- 1 package Marshmallows (10 ounce)
- 6 Cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1 ½ cups Caramel Bits
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans (Toasted)
How To Make The Turtles Rice Krispy Treats
- Microwave the marshmallows and butter until marshmallows are completely melted, and the mixture is well blended, often stirring.
- Add the cereal, mix well. Press onto bottom of 13×9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Line with parchment if you have it, it does make life easier.
- Microwave the milk and caramel bits in small microwaveable bowl; stir until bits are completely melted. Pour over cereal mixture.
- Sprinkle with nuts; press lightly to secure. Melt chocolate and drizzle on top.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
** I found they keep best covered in the fridge to avoid it hardening.
I hope you enjoy the Turtles Rick Krispy Treats recipe. Do you have a favorite Rice Krispy Treats recipe? If so leave us a comment with your favorite treat or something you want us to try and create for you…. Enjoy