I don’t know how anyone couldn’t love this Homemade Whatchamacallit Bars recipe, it’s amazing! Just look at that caramel! Yummy, I have to admit, caramel is by far one of my favorite sweet treats! It’s even better when combined with chocolate and rice krispys. I honestly don’t know how anyone couldn’t love this recipe! Sure looking at them might send 2 pounds your way but trust me they are worth the two extra pounds, lol. Honestly, in my opinion, I think they absolutely are worth the two pounds. Anything under 5 pounds is great with me lol.
Okay, so enough chit-chat let’s just tight into the recipe, what do you say? If you are like me, I’m sure you want to get started right away, so let’s jump right to this Homemade Whatchamacallit Bars Recipe.
Homemade Whatchamacallit Bars Recipe
To make this tasty Whatchamacallit Bars recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1/3 Cup peanut butter
- 8 Cups mini marshmallows
- 6 Cups rice krispy cereal
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz caramels (2 11 oz bags)
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- parchment paper
- 13×9 baking dish
- Tear off a large piece of parchment paper that is long enough to come up the sides about 4 inches and spray with pam spray
- Using a large pot, melt butter, peanut butter and marshmallows
- Stir until the marshmallows are melted and smooth
- Add in the rice krispy cereal and stir until well coated.
- Spoon cereal mixture into bottom of prepared pan and press down with your fingers. Spray pam spray onto your hands so that the rice mixture doesn’t stick.
- In a medium pot, add 2 tbsp heavy cream and the caramels.
- Continuously to stir until melted
- Pour over rice layer
- In a small saucepan add the heavy cream and sugar.
- Stir until combined and slightly boiling
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate chips
- Once the heavy whipping cream mixture in the pot is boiling, pour over chocolate and mix with a whisk until smooth
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel layer.
- Place baking dish into the fridge for 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden
- Cut and enjoy.
If for some reason you would like to print this recipe out you can do so using the below recipe card. Remember if you decide to make this recipe we would LOVE if you would share a photo with on by tagging us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Here are a few other recipes we think you might enjoy: