“I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
Living in New Mexico it’s hard not to fall head over heels in love with Mexican food, wonderful Hatch Green Chili, products like P.A.N. Cornmeal, and awesome recipes like this Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas Arepa Recipe
You’re going to need:
For Chicken Filling:
- 2lbs Boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 Package cream cheese
1 Can Cream of Mushroom soup
½ Cup milk
½ Small white onion, finely diced
3-4 Roasted green chiles, seeded and diced (4 oz can diced green chiles, optional)
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
For P.A.N. Arepas
- 2 ½ cups water
2 cups P.A.N. Cornmeal
1 Teaspoon salt
Directions for filling:
- In a sauce pan, heat cream cheese, soup, milk, onions, and garlic on med-high heat until boiling.
- Turn down heat to low, add chicken, cover and simmer 10-20 minutes.
- Add salt and Pepper to taste
- Set aside still covered to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, pour in water and gradually add salt and P.A.N. cornmeal.
- Knead until a firm dough forms.
- Let dough sit for 3 minutes.
- Separate into 10 portioned balls.
- Flatten each ball in hands to make a flat disc about 3 ½” in diameter.
- Cook on a skillet on med heat, 5 minutes each side, until brown.
- Cut cooked Arepa in half and stuff with chicken mixture, garnish with lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or any preferred garnish.
Regardless of where you live there’s nothing like discovering a new ingredient that makes its way into your home as a pantry staple, like P.A.N. Cornmeal. It’s an awesome ingredient that is already in most Venezuelan homes and is making it’s way into the United States because it’s an ideal addition to all food explorer’s taste buds and shopping lists.
P.A.N Cornmeal is native to those in the United States, but thanks to it’s rich nutrients and awesome versatility, cornmeal is a staple in countries all over the world. To check out more awesome P.A.N. Cornmeal recipes head over to the P.A.N Tumblr Page.
Whether you’re looking for a new tasty way to transform your favorite roast beef sandwich or come up with a new family favorite you can’t go wrong with a classic Venezuelan specialty bread. Simply transforming your bread with an arepa adds a creative twist to almost any sandwich and can inspire you to get a little creative and come up with fun new recipes like this Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas Arepa recipe, which is OMG good!