This post is sponsored by Chamberlain. I was paid for this post and received the featured Home Bridge as compensation.
I’ve been updating my home and making it smarter over the past year. There are so many awesome smart home products out there that not only keep your home and family safer but that make life at home a little easier and less time consuming. I recently added the Chamberlain MyQ® Home Bridge device to my smart home and am glad I made the choice, it’s a great device that really helps me save time and well it keeps my family safer and you can’t go wrong with anything that keeps your loved ones a bit safer.
My Favorite Smart Home Devices & Why I Love Chamberlain MyQ® Home Bridge
Here are a few of my favorite smart home devices, I hope you find something that helps you make your home a little bit smarter.
The very first smart device I purchased for my home was a Nest® Thermostat, and I love it. Of course, it wasn’t until I started adding smart devices to my home that I was able to see it’s true potential.
Another great smart device I LOVE is my smart lock! If you are considering purchasing one, I do suggest it. It’s nice not having to search for keys and you can set it to automatically sock when you have entered which can help keep the family safe.
They have these awesome little meter plugs that you can use to see which items in your home are using the most electricity by the hour.
Chamberlain MyQ® Home Bridge
Does it get better than not going out to the garage to make sure everything is turned off and locked up before you go to bed? Seriously, half the time I forget this task and must jump up out of bed and make sure everything is off and locked for the night. There have been many times the kids left the garage door open and well, that’s a scary thought because I’m leaving my home open to anyone who notices and my family inside. That’s a scary thought, right? It’s an awesome addition to any smart home, check out some of my favorite features:
Here are a few of my favorite reasons to purchase the Chamberlain MyQ® Home Bridge.
- Apple HomeKit™ – MyQ® Home Bridge is compatible with Apple HomeKit™ which means you will be adding the ability to ask for status of the garage door and even control MyQ®-enabled devise using good old Siri® and your voice.
- Put your home on autopilot – I’ve been working on turning my home into a smarter home and MyQ® Home Bridge with HomeKit™ helps me control my smart devices – my Nest® thermostat or the light to adjust when I’m opening or closing the garage door.
- Check status of garage from anywhere – I can’ count how many times I have had to go out to the garage to make sure the lights were shut off only to find out the kids left the garage door open. It’s even been left open a few nights. Well with the MyQ® Home Bridge you can check the status and even control your garage doors and MyQ® lights from wherever you are. Which means no more midnight trips out to the garage!
- Get updates – With MyQ® Home Bridge you can get activity alerts with your garage doors in real-time.
- Schedules – I love that you can create schedules to make sure your garage door is closed, to turn lights off or turn the lights on a scheduled time.
- Get the app – Don’t forget to download the MyQ® app both in the Google Play store and Apple App Store.
- IFTTT – You can also connect your garage door opener to IFTTT
- Google Home – Are you a Google Home user? If so you can also connect MyQ® Home Bridge to Google Home.
I’ve really enjoyed having the Chamberlain MyQ® Home Bridge in my home!
The Chamberlain MyQ® Home Bridge acts as somewhat of a middleman between your WiFi network and garage door opener. It comes with the MyQ® Home Bridge, power adapter, mounting bracket, screws and a warning label. Before you purchase the MyQ® Home Bridge it’s important to note you will need a router with 2.4GHz WiFi, mobile device that connect to your home WiFi network and a compatible garage door opener with MyQ® technology, Craftsman garage door opener with Smart Controle or AssureLink connectivity, or Chamberlain and LiftMaster MyQ® Garage.
Setting up Chamberlain MyQ® Home Bridge isn’t too difficult, and you’ll want to download the app, so you can control things using your smartphone and the best part is that Siri® can help you open or close your garage. Cool right, no more getting up out of bed for unnecessary trips to the garage. Now you can just stay in bed and have Siri® check on things for you! I’m loving our new MyQ® Home Bridge device, it’s one of my favorite smart home devices.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales
Be sure to visit Chamberlain.com from November 20th until December 14th and use promo code Holiday17 to take advantage of savings and get Free Shipping on all MyQ® Accessories (includes HomeBridge, Smart Garage Hub, as well as Remote light controls and light switches). The introductory price of the Home Bridge is changing back on December 1st
To learn more visit Chamberlain.com.
My blog may contain links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. When you click on a link, your information may be collected by those websites so I encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Affiliate links are not associated with Chamberlain.