It’s all about the selfie, which I’m not sure even exists, but it doesn’t matter because everyone knows what a selfie is. If you don’t know what a selfie is consider yourself lucky. However, just because you have never heard the term “Selfie” doesn’t mean you have never done it before. I’m going to bet 90% of us with smartphone have used the camera to take a photograph of ourselves at some point. Whether it’s for our Facebook page, use our smartphone to sent a picture to family, friends, or that new boyfriend, lol. Oh, come on it’s okay, we’ve all taken a selfie and sent it to our boyfriend/girlfriend, or husband/wife. Those small things help make a healthy relationship with passion last (never stop doing those things either), especially if you learn to take an awesome selfie!
Anyway, I might not be as good of a selfie taker as my oldest daughter might, because she’s good, but this mommy still has a few tricks up her sleeve. So, if you want to take a totally rockin’ selfie here are few tips to get you started.
- Light – One of the most important things to consider is the lighting, which is something to consider with almost any photograph your taking, but especially so with a selfie, because you want to look great right?
- Angle – Rather than looking right at the camera and saying cheese, experiment with different angles and pay attention to your features. You can also hold the camera slightly up to the left or right.
- Have fun with your expression – Smiling is great, but have fun. Maybe taking a selfie makes you feel a little silly, play off that and have fun, be silly! Nobody ever said you can’t take a silly selfie. You can also try different smiles, the famous one sided smile, and I’m cool look. Your best bet is trying to capture an expression you’re relly feeling.
- Use your back camera – Most phones have both front and back cameras, if you can use the one on back because it typically takes better pictures. You can’t see yourself when you take the picture, but you’ll notice a difference right away.
- Flash – NEVER EVER use the flash while taking a selfie in the mirror, please! It hurts my eyes, when I see those selfies.
- Be Creative – Your selfie doesn’t have to be of your face! If you are pregnant show off your baby belly. Maybe you have new shoes, take a creative picture of your shoes. Just have fun with it and be yourself, after all it is called a “SELF-ie”
- Don’t try too hard – Remember, be yourself and have fun. Don’t pile on the makeup, people want to see the real you.
- Pick things up – Speaking of background, pick things up, and make it look nice. It will make a better selfie, and nobody can point out the bra sitting on the counter, lol.
- Photo bombers – In my house, the kids are photo bombers and darn good at it too – especially the little one cuz she is short. Be careful for those crazy people who have to be in every picture they meet.
- Arms – Remember to pay attention to where your arm, and keep it out of the picture.
- Apps – Try different apps, there are some great apps that will help you make and edit your selfies. I find new apps all the time, spend some time trying new apps, or doing a little research to see what others with the same device are using.
- Don’t be scared to share – The more people you can smash into a selfie, the more fun it is, and the more memories you’re making. Those are always my favorite, because everyone is just having fun, which tends to show in pictures.
What are some of your favorite selfie taking tips?
Suave wants you to share a family selfie on Instagram with the #SuaveFamilySelfie #LB2LB and #Walmart hashtags! This is a fun selfie, because you get to show off the people you love the most and you’ll be entered in the Suave Family Selfie Sweepstakes!
How to enter a Suave Friday Family Selfie prize pack:
- Take a family selfie, or you can use a recent one. Be sure and fit everyone in there, and have fun.
- Post your family selfie to Instagram with the hashtags #SuaveFamilySelfie #LB2LB and #Walmart.
- Next you’ll submit your Instagram link and fill out this form.
Not sure how to get your Instgram link? It’s easy logon to your Instagram account, find your picture, should be formatted similar to this one – http://instagram.com/p/sX6S1MjRBc/
- You can also grab your Instagram link while using your phone by opening your Instagram app, heading to your profile, clicking on the picture, clicking on the “…” in the bottom right corner, and selecting copy share URL!
You can enter the Suave sweepstakes weekly to help increase your chances in winning. Every week there will be SIX (6) winners, who will receive $175 Walmart Prize Package!
To make things a little better, when you submit your family selfie you’ll receive a $1 off Suave at Walmart coupon! Hurry, don’t forget click here to enter the Click Here To Enter Tuave Family Selfie Instagram Contest.