With the kids heading back to school, I have found myself looking for easy dinner ideas that are also good for the kids, and of course, it has to taste great. Finding healthy, delicious and easy dinner ideas can be difficult, but this Avocado Tuma Melt recipe is definitely a new family favorite.
This was my first Avocado Tuna Melts and it will not be my last! Typically the kids eat tuna as an after school snack with some crackers or something. Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna is a great snack, lunch, or easy dinner idea
- 2 cans or pouches of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna or Light Tuna
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tomato
- 4 slices of your favorite cheese (it’s yummy with Swiss)
- 8 slices of your favorite bread (we used a multigrain bread, but potato bread is also great)
- Mix your tuna and mayonnaise (MIRACLE WHIP)
- Butter one side of the of each slice of your bread
- On 4 of the slices spread tuna and mayonnaise mixture
- Add a slice of tomato
- Add 3 or 4 pieces of sliced avocado
- Place cheese on top
- Top your soon to be Tuna Melt with a slice of bread and butter the outside piece.
- Cook over medium heat until it’s crispy golden brown, flip over and cook another side.
- Enjoy your yummy Avocado Tuna Melt!
Tips: You can use your George Forman or similar inside grill to toast the bread. It gives it the beautiful lines, the less by using an inside grill and you’re doing your body a favor. It’s great you can skip the butter yet still have the same yummy tuna melt!
My children are my life, and I want them to be happy and healthy. We live in New Mexico, so my kids have not had a lot of exposure to seafood. With the exception of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna, because we have always eaten a lot of tuna, because it’s something we can get creative with, come up with fun, easy recipes, and it’s so much better than the same old burrito.
The kids and I have come up with tons of easy recipes using tuna, but these Avocado Tuna Melts are by far my favorite. I’m not sure if the kids would agree because they have a few afterschool snacks they LOVE that we make with tuna.
Tuna can be a great way to incorporate protein and those healthy fats into your diet.