I made eggnog cookies recipe a few days ago, and WOW I didn’t realize what I had been missing out on this whole time! They’re amazing.. Have you tried Eggnog Cookies? If not, I hope you’ll give this recipe or another one a try because they really are good. I didn’t add any frosting because I don’t like super sweet cookies, and I think that’s what I liked so much about these. They had a nice little sweet flavor, but it wasn’t overpowered by all the frosting and sweet stuff inside.
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cups butter (room temp)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (lights okay too, but I prefer to cook with the dark)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup eggnog
Let’s make these yummy eggnog cookies!
- First you’re going to preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to blend. Set aside.
- I used my KitchenAid and paddle attachment to mix the butter and both the brown and regular sugar. Add egg, blend until combined, add vanilla and eggnog. With the mixer set to low slowly start adding your flour mixture. Continue to mix until combined and is a dough texture. Be sure you don’t over mix.
- Prepare your baking sheet. Scoop dough using tablespoon and place on prepared cookies sheet about 1 to 1 ½ inches apart. For this one I used a heaping tablespoon, which was probably closer to 2 tablespoons and placed them on cookies sheet about 2 inches apart. How much you place on the cookies sheet is up to you. Just keep in mind the larger your scoops of dough are the more space you’ll need between each cookie.
TIP: To help avoid sticking line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.