Most of you know I’ve watched what I eat and help my family eat healthier at the same time. I have been looking for healthy dinner ideas for the whole family. Naturally, if you want to get healthier everything starts with what you put into your body, and I have begun to eat a lot more tuna. Honestly, I was amazed at how many easy tuna recipes I have while I was searching for healthy dinner ideas. I am glad there are many other tuna lovers out there because eating the same thing day after day gets boring. I don’t know if my family is going to want tuna sandwiches for lunch every weekend lol. Thanks to the lovely people at StarKist Tuna for having many great recipes on their website. If you’re looking for easy tuna recipes that taste great here are a few of my healthy dinner ideas and easy tuna recipes from StarKist Tuna’s website. Oh, don’t you worry if you don’t like these there are TONS easy tuna recipes.
Looking for Healthy Dinner Ideas? Here is 3 Easy Tuna Recipes
I have always loved tuna. I can remember my mom making some of the coolest dishes with tuna, but I never started making things with tuna on my own (other than an average tuna sandwich lol) until I had a family of my own. There are many reasons to love tuna, but for me, the health benefits are the primary reason we eat tuna as often as we do. If you like tuna, here are a few easy tuna recipes for your next football gathering, or the next time you’re looking for an easy dinner idea for the family. Enjoy!
First on the link we have StarKist’s Stuffed Banana Peppers! If you’re looking for a healthy dinner ideas or easy tuna recipes, don’t leave this one out. This recipe uses Hickory Smoke Tuna Creations instead of beef to create this flavorful appetizer and sounds fabulous.
- 1 pouch (2.6 oz.) of StarKist Tuna Creations, Hickory Smoke
- 4 oz. light cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, divided
- ¼ cup diced red and green peppers
- 1/8 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 banana peppers split in half and cleaned
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. While oven is heating mix tuna, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, cream cheese, garlic, onion, and cayenne pepper until it’s smooth.
- Next you’ll spread the tuna mixture inside of each banana pepper, and place the peppers on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Add 1 or 2 tsp of the remaining shredded cheese and place back into the oven for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
TIP: If you want to have some fun you can serve the Stuffed Banana Peppers with some hot sauces drizzled on top! Yummy!
I don’t know about you, but I love me a good lettuce wrap, and I cannot believe I have never thought about making one using StarKist Tuna! DUH! Gosh, that sounds amazing doesn’t it.
- Use (1) pouch StarKist® Low Sodium Albacore Tuna in Water (2.6-oz)
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 2 medium butter lettuce leaves (or other round lettuce leaves)
- Optional: salt-free seasoning mix if you’d like.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine your tuna, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. You can add some salt-free seasons, but it’s entirely optional.
- Next, add your onion, tomato, and cilantro and mix.
- Divide your mixture between the leaves of lettuce, wrap those bad boys up and enjoy!
I cannot wait to try this one! Buffalo Tuna Pizza, something I would have never thought of on my own, but it sounds amazing. Plus, it’s a beautiful way for me to have things I like without feeling guilty from all the horrible things I am putting into my body. You really cannot go wrong, it’s easy, looks great, and I cannot wait to try it. Even my husband is excited about this one.
- 1 pouch StarKist Tuna Creations®, Ranch (2.6 oz.)
- 1 Flatout® flatbread (whole wheat)
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican or Colby Jack cheese whichever you prefer.
- 1 crispy strip of bacon, crumbled (everyone loves bacon right)
- ¼ tsp. buffalo hot sauce, plus you’ll likely want to add a little extra on the pizza
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- While oven is heating, grab your flatbread and place on a cookie sheet. Cover your flatbread with your choice of cheese, and sprinkle bacon pieces over the top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl combine, the tuna and hot sauces then spread over pizza evenly.
- Drizzle additional hot sauces over your pizza if desired. Bake for 5 minutes, or until your pizza is excellent and crisp. Cut into 4 pieces, and enjoy your Tuna Buffalo Pizza!
- If for some reason you want to print off the recipes I have included them here for you as well. Enjoy!