I’m always looking for ways to save time daily. I can’t tell you how many times a day I used to look for my kids. It might have only been 2 or 3 minutes each time, but when you add that up over time it makes you stop and think about all the time that has been wasted on preventable problems. Do you ever feel like there isn’t enough time in the day and wish you could find a few time-saving tricks to get back lost time in your day.
Here are a few time-saving tricks to help you get back time in your day.
- Shop online when you can – I shop online whenever I can, and it’s proven to be a huge time saver. Plus, you can even set up certain items you use often to be auto shipped. Of course, we still visit the store because I don’t buy everything online, but it has helped me save time.
Get organized – If you spend time hunting for your keys often consider adding a basket or hanging area for the key.
- Start paying bills online – If you are not already, start paying bills online. Paying bills online using bill pay or even visiting the companies websites can be a huge time saver.
- Get a daily calendar or create a daily to-do list – You don’t have to work from home or own your own business to need a calendar and use it. A daily calendar can help you keep your day organized and organization is one of the biggest time savers. Using an online calendar that connects to the cloud is a perk, because it can travel with you from computer to a smartphone, and so on. Plus, you can start to look at your daily/weekly/monthly tasks and see which areas you can save time.
- Get that email under control – Gosh, email it sure can be a productivity killer if you let it. Unsubscribe from things you don’t need and set limits.
- Save time on breakfast – Breakfast doesn’t have to be difficult, and you can even make a healthy smoothie, delicious no bake protein balls, and more. Save time in the mornings and still eat by preparing your breakfast the night before. You can also make your entire weeks breakfast and freeze or keep in the refrigerator. I enjoy these neasy no bake oatmeal chocolate peanut butter protein balls or freeze an extra energy smoothie for the following morning.
- Keep your house clean – I know it sounds easier said that done, and it’s easy to get lazy from time to time, but you can save a lot of time by picking up after yourself and teaching your family to do the same. It’s not always easy to teach kids, but they will eventually get the hang of things.
- Limit certain activities – If you spend a lot of time watching TV or playing video games consider setting yourself a daily or weekly limit. It can be a huge time saver.
- Be a smart multitasker and know when to avoid multitasking – Multitasking is great if you’re filling your sink with dishwater and whipping off the cabinets while the sink fills up, but if you’re trying to type something up and check emails it can have a negative impact. Focus on what you are doing, complete one thing and move to the next. Be smart about multitasking, it doesn’t always save time.
- Plan you meals – You can create a weekly meal plan to save time. Don’t forget to use the crockpot often, it’s a great way to create yummy meals and save time. Plus, you can cook Tuesday’s dinner while you are preparing your Monday dinner and let it slow cook.
- Put your shopping list on the refrigerator – If you put your shopping list on your fridge you can jot down things as you need them and when you are ready to visit the store you already have a list.
- Don’t get comfortable to put on makeup or do your hair – I admit, I used to plop down, turn on the news, put on makeup, and curl my hair. It seriously took me three times longer when I was comfortable and watching the news. If you’re getting comfy before doing your makeup or hair, it will save a lot of time if you’re able to remove yourself from the TV and comfortable position.
- Prepare for the following day – Before you head to bed try to prepare for your morning. Save time by picking out your outfit, shoes, and double checking that all your must have morning items are where they are supposed to be. I have kids, so things run off all the time, lol.
- Save time in the shower – You can even save time in the shower with products like NIVEA In-Shower Body Lotion. You can moisturize in the shower, without feeling sticky. Using this product is easy, simply apply on wet skin while you’re in the shower, rinse, dry, and get dressed. No more applying lotion and waiting for the sticky, greasy feeling to wear off before you get dressed. It’s a win-win, but do remember to clean the shower with hot water after using to remove any of the leftover residues that could cause you to slip. NIVEA In-Shower Body Lotion is a unique way to pamper yourself and save time doing it. This In-Shower
NIVEA In-Shower Body Lotion has also received the Good Housekeeping Seal. It absorbs into the wet skin while providing you with 24- hours of moisturization and leaving your skin feeling oh-so soft and smooth.
To make things even better, you can currently request a free sample of NIVEA In-Shower Body Lotion by visiting NIVEAUSA.com.
FREE iPad Mini & Nivea products
Enter to win a FREE iPad Mini & Nivea products when you check out the Time For Your Videos by NIVEA® and leave a comment.. I know I included the videos in this post, but to comment you’ll need to visit YouTube here.
Leave us a comment and share any time-saving tricks you have to get back lost time in your day.