Take a sweet and easy monkey bread recipe and make it fabulous! My Unicorn Monkey Bread is a delicious treat to enjoy after dinner!
It’s the year of the Rooster, which means the epitome of fidelity and punctuality. While the year of the Rooster is pretty cool, I am going to call this the year of the UNICORN! Yes, the magical and fabulous creature with multicolor hair, glitter, rainbows, and magic. Everywhere you turn there is a Unicorn popping up, and this mystical creature is becoming more real with each passing day! I have been paying homage to Unicorn by including everything pretty in all of my delicious creations!
Usually, when I make a monkey bread, it is more on the savory side. I have made several including a Peanut Butter and Jelly one, a pizza one and so much more! Heck, for dinner most nights we have an appetizer of some sort of monkey bread, even if it is just garlic and parmesan. One day for dinner, my oldest came in (who also shares the same obsession with unicorns as I do) and she asked if instead of our normal monkey bread if we can make one for dessert and make it all fantabulous like a unicorn! How could I say no to that?! So without further ado, here is my Unicorn Poop Monkey Bread!
Unicorn Poop Monkey Bread
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
For the monkey bread:
- 2 – 7.5 oz cans refrigerated biscuit homestyle dough
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bag of caramel filled Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup butter, melted
- 1 Cup brown sugar plus 1/2 Cup for the bowl to coat the dough in.
For the icing:
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 3 Cup powder sugar plus 1/2 c on stand by
- 1 tsp vanilla
- yellow, purple, pink and blue gel food coloring
- colorful sprinkles
It is so simple to make, even my kids join in! Just follow these directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your bundt pan with a non stick cooking spray. Make sure to spray heavily.
- Open up your cans of biscuits and cut into quarters. Flatten out the pieces and place a Hershey’s Kiss inside of it.
- Using a small saucepan, combine your butter and brown sugar and mix until it is melted and well combined.
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and drop a few pieces of the Hershey Kiss filled dough into a bowl and coat it well. Repeat this process until all pieces are coated. Now, start placing your dough balls into the bundt pan, making sure to evenly spread them out. Pour your brown sugar and butter mixture over the dough balls.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown. Place your serving dish on top of the monkey bread and flip the pan and plate so that the pan is sitting on top of the plate. Slowly lift your pan up.
For the icing you will need to follow these directions:
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the extra half cup of powdered sugar if the royal icing looks like soup. Once stiff peaks form split into 5 bowls
- Add the colors into the bowls, mix until you have your desired color, leaving one bowl white.
- Drizzle the colors onto the monkey bread with a spoon and add your favorite sprinkles.
If you are obsessed with Unicorns and food like my family is, you are going to love this recipe! For your convenience, print out the recipe card below and add it to your recipe binder. If you make this, share it with my on Facebook or Twitter.
You may also like: