As your child grows, they will eventually want a trike or tricycle of their own. Riding trikes and bikes is without a doubt an essential part of growing up. It seems like just yesterday my little Miss Novalee was born. She is 2 1/2 years old now and ready to learn how to ride a tricycle. We could just go out and buy the first tricycle we see, but we know there are a lot of things to consider when choosing the “right” trike. We didn’t want to waste our hard earned money on an ordinary, cheap made of plastic or flimsy weak frames, or one that she won’t be able to maneuver well. We started to do a web search, and I’m so glad we did!! We came across a wonderful online brand that carries the cutest, high quality trikes & tricycles ever! Who are they you ask, Kettler USA!
What To Look For When Choosing A Quality Tricycle
Here are some awesome suggestions,
- Of course a properly fitting bicycle helmet is a priority. Get your child into the habit of using it every time they ride.
- Be sure your child is physically able to handle a trike or tricycle. Normally, most children are ready to ride around the ages of 2-3. If they do not want to ride don’t force them. Allow your child to get use to their new ride on slowly and at their own level. If they are happy walking it instead of riding it, know that is okay. They will eventually sit and ride on their own time.
- Assembling the tricycle, the less the better!! You don’t want too many excessive parts and pieces, it’s no fun spending hours putting it together. The Stella Trike from Kettler USA is a great example of a quick start to finish set up Trike!
- Look for a trike with a removable handle like the Stella Trike from Kettler USA. These are great to guide and provide support. Small children do get tired, these removable handles are perfect for the long family trips or walks so parents can push little ones along.
- Buy a trike or tricycle that is built low to the ground. This type is safer, it is less likely to tip over and your child can get on and off more easily. Also, when a trike is low to the ground, it’s a lot easier for the child to stop suddenly.
- Don’t over spend! Set your budget, allow for the extras to be spent on safety features like helmets, knee & elbow pads. Sites like Kettler USA that carry safe, well-designed tricycles at just about every price level, is perfect!
I know for me, choosing a trike for my child is one of the best highlights of being a parent. Just watching my little one pedal their new trike, for the first time is priceless memories that will be cherished for a life time. I will say, being nervous about letting your child pedal around on a tricycle for the first time comes with the parenting role. Keep in mind you can easily lower that anxiety by purchasing the right trike. This is why we love Kettler USA, they know trikes & tricycles need to be affordable, durable, safe and sturdy. By shopping with Kettler USA, you can easily find a dependable, high quality trike or tricycle to fit your child’s every need. We were sent their Stella Trike and simply love it!!
The Stella Trike has a 4 position Quick-Adjust frame with D-tube. The patented parental control steering lock allows parents to lock the front wheel in a straight position. What’s super cool is the 4 position adjustable ergonomic high back seat with hand hold, providing just the right positioning for your child’s body.
We enjoy the Stella is pretty in pink, and comes with a chrome plated 3 position push-bar with utility net. The push bar works beautifully to push your little one when they become tired on those long family walks. The net is perfect for carrying keys, small wallet, even a cell phone. One thing that is important is durability, this trike has long lasting rubberized synthetic tires that give a smooth and quiet ride and a metal frame that is built to last. We also love how easy it is for Novalle to get on & off. The Stella is so sturdy and safe, no wobbling or tilting!! It is designed to grow with our little one, providing her many years of trike riding fun!
This wonderful trike is so safe, designed with a patented limited turn radius steering device and low center of gravity prevent tipping. The Stella Trike has a Rear Step Plate with a removable Play Sand Bucket. The bucket comes with rake, shovel, sifter and sand mold and the adorable sand bucket is on wheels. You can attach the upper portion of push-bar and the bucket can be wheeled around at the same time, too fun!
Our little Miss Novale is just beginning learning to ride her new Stella Trike. She is still a little hesitant about getting on and doing a full ride. Right now we are in the walking the trike along with us stage. She enjoys using the push stick, playing with the sand bucket as we go along. It’s only a matter of time before she jumps on and peddles away. Until then, we are so, so happy she has her Stella Trike from Kettler USA!!
Hey friends Kettler USA isn’t just about trikes and tricycles, they have a complete line of wonderful products for everything from active lifestyles to family fun play that you and your family will absolutely love!!
Also, Kettler USA is offering all Jenn’s Blah Blah readers a special coupon code for you to use on their website!! That’s right, you can now receive 10% off your entire purchase for the Stella, or any other Kettler item by entering BLAHBLOG10 at check out, loving this!!!
For more information on the Stella Trike or to check out the complete Kettler USA brand, head on over to the website! You can also stay up to date on great deals and fantastic promotions by liking & following their social networks!