Most of you know how much fun I have been having staying home with my kids! This is my first Christmas that I have EVER has the time to come up with fun cupcake ideas for christmas! I recently made over 100 cute cupcakes for Christmas with my kids. The wanted to have fun cupcakes for their school Christmas party. I made my youngest daughter Reindeer Cupcakes for her pre-pre-Tuesday-Thursday School, Vayda Despicable Me cupcakes, Catie wanted snow men, and Bud he wanted smores on a stick, which was a lot of fun!
I don’t know if I ever want to see another cupcake in my life, lol. Sure I had a blast making them, but I will say that I have just about had it when it comes to cupcakes! I told my husband I will not be making cupcakes for at least the next month or two, and it doesn’t matter if the girls need them for school! My husband laughed, he knows me better than that. I say that now, but if they were to ask me tomorrow I would smile and agree. Then come home and probably complain to him, haha. Either way it was fun, I’m blessed to have this opportunity to stay home and make Reindeer Cupcakes with my kids, and they turned out so cute I had to share them before the holidays were gone.
Fun Cupcakes Ideas For Christmas: How to make Reindeer Cupcakes
What you’re going to need:
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies
How to make Reindeer Cupcakes
I do recommend doing one cupcake from start to finish so you see how everything fits. Another tip, if it doesn’t stick use extra frosting, or the Gel Writing Frosting works great too.
- Start out with any flavor cupcakes you like, and frost them with any flavor frosting just be sure it’s a dark color – similar to a reindeer.
- Once your cupcakes is frosted get a Vanilla Wafer Cookie and place it toward the bottom-center of the cupcake.
- Next take two Smarties and place them where the eyes would go.
- Use the pretzels and place them at the top of the cupcake as the horns. You might need to move the eyes a little, but you will get used to how everything fits.
- Use black Writing Gel and place a dab on each Smarty to make the reindeer eyes stand out. I had fun making some look silly by making the dabs little and looking inward, or one looking inward, and the other looking outward. Have fun, that’s really what counts!
- Next place a dab of Writing Gel on your M&M and place it in the center of the Vanilla Wafer Cookie. You might want to hold it in place and count to 10. I used red Writing Gel, but you can use anything you like.
You can also get creative with your pretzels. If I would have had more big pretzels I would have used them, they look great. All you do is break the pretzel so it looks like horns, and place them so they are sticking up rather than flush with the cupcake. At the end of the batter it’s all about how much fun you have!! So have fun, and you’re done! You should now have one super cute Reindeer Cupcake to enjoy with family and friends. They will be a huge hit at any party! Everyone loved our Reindeer Cupcakes! Oh, and be sure to be on the lookout for our Despicable Me Cupcakes. They are super cute, and surprisingly easy to make.
Happy Holidays Everyone! Sending big hugs your way!