Tips for Every Type of Skin You Have
We all want that young, smooth, and radiant skin, especially as we get older. When we’re young, we don’t bother too much to moisturize, wear sun block, or properly cleanse. But, we should all start sooner than later. Dermae was given to me some 6 months ago to try out and share my thoughts of it. Honestly, I was hooked and it’s now available at Target. My favorite skin care product is available at my favorite one stop shop! I have combination skin and it is perfect for all types. Also, here are skin tips for all skin types. These simple steps, paired with dermae skin products will leave your skin and you feeling and looking radiant.
To begin, let’s look at dry skin and some of it’s factors and the best ways to care for it.
- Super small pores
- Dull rough complexion
- Red patches
- Less elasticity
- Visible lines
To keep your dry skin looking it’s best:
- Take short showers/bath, once daily, every other day using warm temp H2O, not hot
- Use mild soaps and cleansers, not any kind of deodorant soap
- Don’t scrub, use your hands or a soft cloth and light rub
- Use rich moisturizer after your bath, thick creams work best and reapply often
- Use a humidifier during dry times, like winter.
- Keep hydrated to avoid drying skin, drink plenty of water!
Next, there is the opposite of the dry kind of skin and that’s oily skin.
- Extra large, visible pores
- Dull or shiny, thick complexion
Keep your oily skin looking great with these tips:
- Wash 2 times a day (no more) and after a workout with heavy sweat
- Limit washing, excessive washing stimulates oil production
- Use mild cleansers as well, and don’t scrub. Use oil based products that absorb sebum.
- DON’T EVER squeeze, pop, or pick blemishes. It extends healing time
- Use nonclogging products, i.e. “noncomedogenic” is on the label
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated and skin pure.
Some of us have the oh, so, sensitive skin that can be noticed by:
Sensitive skin needs a bit more attention, so try to:
- Use broad spectrum sunscreen with UVA and UVB blockers
- Avoid direct sun
- Wear hats and sunglasses
- Don’t smoke or drink and be sure to stay hydrated
- Wear skin friendly fabrics like cotton or silk
- Cleanse daily and be sure to remove make-up each evening before bed
- Moisturize to keep skin smooth and hydrated
I have combination skin, like many other folks and like the name suggests it has:
- Both large or small pores
- Dry or oily patches
- Occasional pimples or blemishes
- Some irritation or redness due to different factors.
The best way to care for combination skin is to:
- Follow sensitive skin care for sensitive areas, especially the eyes and nose. Derma e DMAE Eye Lift helps the bags under my eyes without being too oily or drying them out.
- Use mild soaps and don’t scrub
- Follow oily skin care for oily areas
- Follow dry skin care for dry areas
- And, as for all skin types, STAY HYDRATED!
Understanding the importance of skin care is the first step to healthy and smooth complexions. Knowing the type of skin you have is the next way to ensure your skin will look and feels its best. Dermae skin products offer all different kinds of moisturizers, creams, and facial lifts to keep skin looking great as well. The dermae skin products are available at CVS/Pharmacy, Walgreens, and now at Target!!
If you are anything like me, I love to head to Target for my one stop shopping. I can grab some grub to munch while I shop. I can get that new bra I’ve been needing, grab the wok I wanted so I cook dinner for my boyfriend, find a sexy set of lingerie, get him his favorite ice cream, and of course, get my dermae eye lift serum to be sure I am looking my best for date night and everyday!
I think some of you can relate, but turning 30 was bittersweet for me. I couldn’t get away with being 23 any longer like I had done for the previous 6 years, but I still wasn’t old. I am finally figuring myself out and learning who I am, including my flaws. Finding my flaws has allowed me to take better care of myself; mind, body, and soul. Meditation for my soul, exercise for my mind and body, and a new skin care regimen to keep my skin looking young and wrinkle-free without using harsh chemicals like most products out there.
Dermae has been set on bringing natural and effective skincare products. They were doing and being “healthy before healthy was ‘in’.” They combine powerful vitamins and plants with modern science which they have deemed Green Chemistry. They follow the highest standards concerning animal welfare and the effects they have on the planet. Dermae has created and continue to offer skincare products with great, effective results, top of the line formulas and manage it all while being cruelty free using Green Chemistry.
Knowing that I can get the natural and effective dermae skincare products at Target is pretty excited and super convenient. They are affordable and near you at Target, so what’s stopping you from getting your skin care regiment started, or upgraded, today?
This post is made possible by Brand Backer and written by me. All statements and opinions are 100% my own.