When I first heard the word normcore I though my sister-in-law didn’t know what she was talking about. She tried to explain what she thought it was, but also informed me that she could be wrong, lol. Needless to say, I did what anyone would do and turned to my dear friend Google. I’ll be darned if the word normcore didn’t pop up right away. Not only that, I learned that normcore is pretty darn impressive and something I’ve been doing for years.
Normcore, it’s a blend of two words, normal and hardcore that come together to create a style that’s simple, comfortable yet functional. It has to be my favorite fashion trend yet. According to celebrity stylist Brad Goreski, Normcore is about simplifying your life with staple products that are unisex, ageless and time-tested. Below is Brad Goreski’s list of items for basic normcore living.
- Striped Tees
- White Sneakers
- Baseball Cap
- Gray backpack
- A comfy pair of Birkenstocks
- 90s Sitcom
- Nintendo 3DS
- Chap stick
- Macaroni & Cheese
- No-fail moisturizer
Does it get better than that? They are all items that make my life simple, yet fabulously
I found some of the items that Brad Goreski included in his list interesting because it included everyday items – oatmeal, chap stick, and a time-tested daily moisturizer. Which sounds about right when I stop and think about my lifestyle and the things I use. I live a normcore lifestyle, and I need items in my daily life to help me achieve my way of life – simple, comfortable, yet functional.
As someone who appreciates fashion but tends to keep things simple and real. I’ve always gravitated toward comfortable, practical items I can mix and match that I know won’t go out of style with the upcoming season.
Brad Goreski’s list encouraged me to put together a list of my time-tested favorite normcore living items:
- Levi’s denim jeans – I went with a pair of good old Levi denim jeans, if they are not ageless I’m not sure what is.
- Basic black baseball cap – I went with a simple black baseball cap because it’s what I wear when it’s not beanie weather, lol. I’m a hat person, especially when I’m hauling kids to practices.
- Sunglasses – Sunglasses because this girl needs a pair of sunglasses if she is going to face the bright sun.
- Converse shoes – Yet another item that has been around longer than me. I think it’s safe to say that Converse shoes are a timeless treasure.
- Brush and ponytail holders – I always start my day out with my hair down but come mid-afternoon or earlier I’m reaching for a ponytail holder to get my hair out of my face.
- Belt – We all need a belt, right!
- Watch – I had a watch similar to the one I the above image when I was a child and have seen them around plenty of times since then. Okay, so this watch is cute and timeless!
- Backpack – Okay, so I don’t own a backpack like this, but I’ll definitely be looking for one, especially when I have another baby. I’ve always used a backpack rather than a diaper bag because they are easier for me to carry and there are more pockets to try and stay organized.
- Chap stick – I always have at least one tube in my handbag, especially with fall right around the corner.
- Water – I just love water!
- Red zipper hoodie – It’s almost fall, I’ll be needing something light to keep warm, zipper hoodies have always been one of my favorites.
- Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion – I can’t use a moisturizer unless it hydrates my skin without that yucky greasy feeling. Did you know that it has been available since 1945? I think it’s safe to say that Lubriderm is time-tested.
Lubridermis a fabulous, yet simple daily solution for your dry skin. It makes daily moisturizing a breeze, just apply and go on about your day. My favorite thing about it is that it’s a lightweight formula with vitamin B5, fast absorbing, quickly relieves my dry skin, and prevents dryness throughout my day.
I teamed up with RoC Skincare to provide you with the above information. All opinions are my own. If you haven’t tried LUBRIDERM® Daily Moisture Lotion is sure and give it a try so you can form your own opinion. If you’ve already tried LUBRIDERM Daily Moisture Lotion leave us a comment and let us know what your thoughts are.
Are you loving the normcore trend yet or are you like me and already sporting the trend and didn’t know?