Hey Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog readers! Kristin from PAM here… I am excited to be writing for Jenn today! Let me introduce myself. I moved from the ‘burbs to the lovely city of Chicago with my dog, Joey—although it is less-than-lovely right now due to the freezing cold. When I am not lounging on the couch underneath pile of blankets binge-watching Netflix or jogging down Lake Shore Drive, I’m in the kitchen whipping up something for friends and family.
Chorizo and Tomato Mac ‘N’ Cheese Recipe
Who’s ready for spring? I most certainly am! Chicago is bitterly cold right now which makes walking around the city kind of miserable. When I get home from work, all I want to eat is some comfort food. I don’t know about you, but I never grew out of macaroni and cheese. I have a delicious recipe to that upgrades the classic blue box mac ‘n’ cheese. With crumbled chorizo and diced tomatoes, one of your favorite recipes will go from ordinary to extraordinary!
Chorizo and Tomato Mac ‘n’ Cheese Recipe
I hope you enjoy this Chorizo and Tomato Mac ‘n’ Cheese Recipe as much as we think you will. Enjoy!
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 oz. pork chorizo
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with PAM cooking spray. Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook chorizo until crumbled. Drain grease and juices; set aside.
- Use package directions to cook macaroni. Drain; return to pan. Add undrained tomatoes and cooked chorizo to prepared macaroni. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk flour with melted butter on a medium saucepan over medium-heat. Cook until mixture is browned, constantly whisking. While whisking, add milk. Simmer and stir until sauce thickens. Remove saucepan from heat. Add cheeses, salt and pepper; stir until melted. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni; mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Place bread slices in your food processor and pulse until you have coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture evenly over top of macaroni.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place baking dish in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove baking dish from the oven to remove foil; bake 10 minutes more. Let mac ‘n’ cheese cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
So simple and easy to make! Hope you enjoy this zesty mac ‘n’ cheese recipe.