This post is sponsored by Poise® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
If you have children chances are you have experienced light bladder leakage. It’s without a doubt, not a fun experience, but it happens. Whether you are experiencing light bladder leakage due to pregnancy or some other reasons I think we can all agree that it’s not a laughing matter and we should take control and stop letting life’s leaks slow us down.
I ride horses all the time and about a year ago my girls and I were out riding and things happened I ended up on the ground. I was fine, and I’m thankful it was just me and my two girls out because I had a little accident because I wasn’t prepared. I admit it, I knew better but I honestly didn’t worry about it because, well I guess we never really plan on certain events happening. Since then, you better believe I’m prepared. It’s better to be safe than sorry and thankfully, over the years I’ve learned a little about light bladder leakage. Like did you know that light bladder leakage affects millions of women?
Rather than being embarrassed about light bladder leakage I wanted to focus on things we can do to help us avoid the embarrassing moments that happen all too often if you do not speak up about light bladder leakage. You know the once that are caused when you cough, laugh, sneeze, fall, and exercise.
Don’t Laugh, Take Control & Stop Letting Life’s Leaks Slow you Down
So here are a few things you can to help manage unexpected leaks:
- Learn as much as possible – Knowledge is power, the first step is to learn about light bladder leakage. You can find oodles online and Poise products here.
- Exercise – Strengthen the muscles of your pelvic floor. You can do this by doing Kegels (just be sure you are doing them correctly), yoga, walking, pilates, and more. Personally, I’ve found that my love for riding horses has helped me to not only get in better shape but also strengthen my muscles and help me lose a few pounds which helped me have better control.
- Keep your weight in check – Keeping your weight in check can help you with light bladder leakage because when you are extra pounds it can weaken the pelvic floor. Did you know that research shows that women with an average weight of 200 pounds can reduce leaks by up to 70 percent by losing 10 percent of their body weight?
- Monitor fluids – By monitoring your fluids I do not mean decrease your fluids because your bladder needs water to stay healthy too. You should still drink the recommended amount of water because your urine becomes more concentrated and the lining of the urethra and bladder can become irritated when you drink less water. This can cause unexpected leaks and spasms, so be sure to continue drinking water.
- Talk to your doctor – Don’t be scared to talk to your doctor, there are millions of us out there who suffer from light bladder leakage. It happens, and it’s not something we should be ashamed or embarrassed about.
- Be prepared – Okay, so the embarrassing moments are likely to happen but that doesn’t mean you have to stop living. I know I’m not going to give up riding my horses because of one embarrassing moment, I’m going to do whatever I can to continue living my active lifestyle, doing the things I love, and prepare for the embarrassing moments with Poise Pads ContourFit Design because it’s softly curved in the middle to fit your curves better than before. They are also wider in the front and back for better protection if you experience those dreaded heavier bladder leaks and comfort.
Poise® Pads with ContourFIT Design has trusted 3-in-1 production for comfort, odor control, and dryness and they are 10X drier than the leading period pad. Oh, and before I forget, if you experience postpartum or heavier bladder leakage after having a baby Poise® Pads with ContourFIT Design are perfect for maternity pads for women after birth.
Not only are Poise pads easy to find at Walmart, I’ve started to keep them in my handbag in my backpack, handbag, and even one in the glovebox of my truck because you just never know when you’re going to want to take part in life. I don’t know about you but I’m not missing out on life when I can simply keep Poise Pads within arms reach.